I found this great recipe online! I made a couple of changes to it, and boy is it delicious!! And guess what, it is a healthy and nutritious snack!
Banana Spelt Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
• 2 cups spelt flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup finely ground flaxseed, walnut, brazil nut and almond powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
• 3/4 cup fat free milk
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (spelt bakes more quickly than regular flour).
2. In two large bowls, separately mix dry (flour, sugar, flax & nut powder, cinnamon, baking powder/soda, salt) and wet (bananas, milk, yogurt, any additional add-ins) ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until mixed.
4. Spoon into a cooking-sprayed or nonstick muffin pan.
5. Sprinkle each muffin with coconut flakes and lots of love!