A healthy breakfast refuels your body, jump-starts your day and may even benefit your overall health. So don't skip this meal — it may be more important than you think. But I have a great solution, these Coconut Energy Muffins can easily be made the day before and are a great way to give you a boost while you ‘grab and go’.
Waitrose sell a really great ‘fluffy’ baking powder – I tend to use that to keep the muffin light and not as condensed.
Ready, Set, Breakfast!
Need some energy but don’t have the time to make yourself an extravagant breakfast?
Try this delicious and nutrient packed brekkie.
1 1/4 cups (275g) brown sugar
2 cups (300g) whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups grated carrot
1 cup grated red apple
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup walnut, almond, brazil nut and co-enzyme Q10 flaxseed powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sprinkle with desiccated coconut & love!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Use paper cases to line muffin pans.
2. Sift sugar, flour, cinnamon and powder into a large bowl.
3. Add carrot, apple, coconut and mixed walnut, almond, and flaxseed powder.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla.
5. Add to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined - do not over mix.
6. Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve dusted with desiccated coconut & love.